Thursday, December 2, 2010

tug-o-war

...the worst kind. ew.

the question that I've heard floating around this whole week is "did the baby actually die?!"

I think that, much like in "A Worn Path", it doesn't really matter if the child is dead or not... what matters is the fact that these "parents" are LITERALLY fighting over their child. cartoons and TV shows always show those cutesy scenes where two people are fighting over a third person and tugging back and forth on their arms until they all fall down comically. but this time it's real. and it's disgusting.

the lack of differentiation between action and dialogue really help to contribute to the fact of what is actually occurring. there is no distraction, and it all happens in such a way that no one can do anything about it. it's a lost cause, and even the reader is helpless to stop reading the action (or dialogue, whichever they may choose) because it just sneaks up with no warning. just like the baby has no way to stop what is going on.



this song is kinda cool. but I only posted it for the VEEEEEEEEEEERY last line.. and when you hear it, you'll know. but it's a terrible connection. I apologize.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. A baby's arm holding an apple....I can't believe I listened to the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you it was terrible!

    hah, my dad introduced me to this song with that line... strange?

    ReplyDelete