Wednesday, November 10, 2010

story quilts

I sorta understand where Dee is coming from in "Everyday Use". I'm one of those people who wants to preserve everything. I don't want anything to get ruined, and I don't want to risk further ruin by trying to fix it myself. but if you really think about it, what would someone be doing with a quilt that would ruin it in five years. that's what Dee seems to think Maggie will do. but really, they mostly just sit on a bed. keeping them hung on the wall won't make a HUUUUGE difference.

also, why did Dee change her name? to try to "reconnect" with her heritage after denying it for all of those years? because of some boy? LAME, I say.

and if she despises the house they live in, why does she make sure that it's in every picture? or did I miss something.

and am I the only one who got the vibe that it's Dee's fault that Maggie is so badly disfigured from the fire? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment