Tuesday, March 22, 2011

protaaaaaaaaaagonist!

for some reason I wanted to type Antigone, but that's not related at all to the task at hand.

this fellow Nick is the protagonist. this surprises me some. I expected there to be some mention of the title character beyond

"Or, rather, as I didn't know Mr. Gatsby..."

but nope. Mostly Nick thinking. and talking. but, since he's the narrator as well, that's to be expected. looks like Nick's the one that's going to be going through things and introducing us to people. so anything he sees, we see. and not much else. he's calling the shots here. he's the head honcho of what the reader knows. it looks like we're going to be moving right along with what he does. could call for some bias along the road, but I'm not seeing any so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment