Thursday, January 27, 2011

dundundun...

how is dramatic suspense created?
.
..
...
question four
...
..
.







HOW IS DRAMATIC SUSPENSE CREATED?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? it's a tragedy, and NO ONE DIES... until the bloodbath at the end of act V. we all know it's a Shakespearean tragedy. so we all know that SOMEONE is going to die. (I was pushing for Iago the whole time, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. just like the Seahawks making it to the Super Bowl). so THAT'S how it's created. haha

I mean, aren't we all sorta waiting the whole time for someone to die? usually, there's a few people here or there. at least one around Act III, but that didn't happen here! I mean, the play could end in Act III, really. that creates drama too... you kinda feel like it's over after that, so what more could Iago POSSIBLY want?! but he finds something. of course. I touched on this in my last post, but this question asks about it specifically... the fact that we know more about what's going on than the characters adds a lot of suspense too, I think. I was waiting for someone to figure it out the whole time and catch Iago in the middle of a bold-faced lie. it didn't quite happen that way.. and when it did it was a little too late, I think, but hey, I'm counting it...


good guys: 1
Iago: ugh.. not counting >=[

1 comment:

  1. how is suspense created in blogs? ellipses...lots of...ellipses.














    and spaces










    lots of spaces

    ReplyDelete