Thursday, January 27, 2011

be prepaaaaared!

so, since Othello's dead, the first thing that came to my mind is "NO KING NO KING LALALALALALA!" from The Lion King...
obviously, I looked up the video for that song on youtube, and realized that Iago is a LOT like Scar. (I know, I'm mixing my Disney movies... sorry Lindsey!)

let me explain... no, there is too much, let me sum up. (anyone? ...sigh)

they're both evil.
they're both conniving.
no one likes them.
they both get away with what they're doing almost the whole time.
no one knows they're lying through their teeth with every word they say.
they're both very intelligent.
they have idiots doing their bidding for them, but can't deal with their insurrection (hyenas, Roderigo)

Scar does die at the end, which is a little more fair, but it's also Disney, so it sort of has to end fairly.
and Scar does say ONE thing I like, which is "Life's not fair... is it?" and I don't like anything about Iago.

but yeah. as much as I hated Iago... this play is definitely one of my favorites so far... maybe because I understood it without needing to be spoon-fed, but regardless... I approve =]

enjoy!:

No comments:

Post a Comment