Thursday, January 27, 2011

oh, hey, my blog title involves reality...

quesetion one: does the play involve realistic or nonrealistic conventions?
yes. (ha! caught you in a compound question!)

but really, I definitely think it employs very realistic conventions. maybe a little far-fetched and dramatized... but still plausible.
back again with the themes - they're definitely things that nearly everyone can relate to! some themes (like ones with daddy issues *coughMetamorphosiscough*) just don't apply to a wide spectrum, so the events that build that theme are not as realistic. this pulls conflicts straight out of real world drama (Real World drama, maybe?) that definitely makes things realistic, even if erring on the side of slightly stylized.

this question also asks about departures from normal conventions and their effects...
the only real departure I see is that Iago gets away with it the whole time. NO ONE catches on? really? I find that really hard to believe, but maybe that's the dramatic irony at work. because we know what's going on the whole time, we don't notice how slick he's really being?

ugh. I don't know. I still don't like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment