Thursday, January 20, 2011

no puedo pensar en ingles.

y yo no sé porque. pero, pienso que debo continuar en ingles o no voy a sacar buenas notas. si mi maestro no puede leerlo, él no puede darme buenas notas, sí? uf. continuamos:

p. 1119 number 2
okay, I'm not sure how qualified I am to answer this question, but I'm going to anyway. from what I know, Othello is a tragedy (and a short visit with the Google machine has confirmed this knowledge). this knowledge alone is starting to ruin the play for me, but it's really unavoidable. the final question on number 2 is actually really closely tied to that statement: "how important to experiencing the drama is the audience's awareness of the classification of the play?"

and actually, I was going to address that anyway. raad!

SO, like I said, knowing that this is a tragedy (a Shakespearean tragedy, no less), I know things aren't going to work out well. but for who!? I mean, justice says that the lying scumsucker Iago gets it in the end, but will he? I mean, he has to, right? RIGHT? but probably not. in fact, the two that don't really deserve it probably get it in the end. but I'm just anticipating so many things, and it's kinda preventing me from fully enjoying the work as a whole, I think.

oh well. *another note in regards to my spanish use... I used the term "Shakespearean comedy" multiple times in discussion this past summer in my literature class. imagine that: pronouncing the word "Shakespearean" in Spanish. it's a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment