Thursday, April 21, 2011

holy. batman. quityerwhining!

"For an instant I dared to shake off my chains, and look around me with a free and lofty spirit; but the iron had eaten into my flesh, and I sank again, trembling and hopeless, into my miserable self." p. 117

first of all, STOP. WHINING. I'm sick of it. I get that you're miserable, but are you really so miserable that you can't even shake it for a moment? you're in the English countryside, and you can't pretend to enjoy it?! you make me sad. so be it. (come, Patsy!). after finishing, I realize that this as a foreshadowing to Victor going bye-bye. and by "going bye-bye", I mean jumping ship. literally. he's miserable. he might have been recovering, but retelling this story to Walton just made everything gush back and he got miserable all over again. and this time he really can't shake it. poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment