Thursday, April 21, 2011

volverte a ver, es todo lo que quiero hacer.

"I have good dispositions; my life has been hitherto harmless and in some degree beneficial; but a fatal prejudice clouds their eyes, and where they ought to see a feeling and kind friend, they behold only a detestable monster." p. 95

This line made me sad. also, I think it's funny that the creation decides to tell one of those "so, I have this friend..." sort of stories to figure out what he should do. that's really... intelligent. I know most people blogged about this last time, but it's just now starting to hit me that this creation is really intelligent. it bothers me a lot, in a way. I understand I'm supposed to just go along with the suspended reality, but that doesn't work so well for me. the only way I can console the two is if I convince myself that his brain retained the information of the previous owner (makes it sound like a car... show me the carfax?) and the creation just had to... restore it? maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment