Thursday, April 14, 2011

it's a story within a story within a story....

are we in Inception?

"Strange and harrowing must be his story, frightful the storm which embraced the gallant vessel on its course and wrecked it - thus! ..." p. 14

yay for frame story! I'm still not convinced that the letters serve any purpose other than to create a frame story. awesome, Mary Shelly. so cool. I'm kinda nervous now about how deep this is going to go. I mean, after about two levels it's harder to kick out. right? I'm just not sure what purpose it serves yet. and there's probably more to come. great. I know that the frame serves to show parallels between Walton and Victor, but why? why not just have them in the same story in the same time period? why not have Victor tell his story all over again to Walton's "sister"? smh. I'm sure it'll all make sense eventually.

1 comment: