Thursday, April 14, 2011

"it's alive!"

"Beautiful! - Great God!" p. 35

short. sweet. to the point. I have a feeling that a lot of people were really shaken up by the fact that Frankenstein didn't say "It's alive!" when the creature was, well, alive. I, on the other hand, had no qualms with this. maybe it's the fact that I never really paid attention to the details surrounding the Halloween-type Frankenstein monster, but it didn't bother me a bit. it's also possible that since I've always been a miser when it comes to dressing up as someone I'm not, the whole "history" of Halloween monsters was never important to me. I've always just cared about the facts surrounding the concept. nerd. I actually think it's incredibly interesting that the media has taken so many liberties with the concept. I guess it's like literary license, but it's on a larger scale. like, media-wide... hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment