Thursday, September 16, 2010

and, now for the favorite:

"February".
ohdear.

"Students will enjoy this poem because they can relate to it."

yes. I relate SO well to a lady obsessed with hockey and ...strange details about her cat(s). but honestly, I can relate. she hates February. so do I. for me, it's the most frustratingly ridiculous month there is. first of all, it's not even a "full" month. it's 29 days on a good year. and that only happens once every four years. that's STILL less than the shortest of all the months (in terms of daytime, I believe that would be November...) also, you've got the God-awful cold that plagues the entire state. and, last and most certainly least positive, you've got Valentine's Day. the one day a year that people find excuses/the 'nads to express their "true love" for another person and/or spend inordinate amounts of money on silly gifts that no one ever actually uses (chocolate is the ONE exception to this). and suddenly, all is right in the world! there's no more pollution, there's no more financial issues, and there's FINALLY world peace! right? ...RIGHT?

false. I'm with the speaker in this poem: when February rolls around, I want nothing more than to lay in my bed, but I get up and get out anyway. just because the whole world seems to stop doesn't mean I get to. even though everything is miserable (or everyone else has forgotten momentarily how miserable our plight is), you've still got to get some positivity going: stop complaining and go DO something. your internal conflicts don't excuse you from continuing to do the right thing.

also, your cats don't care.

1 comment: