Sunday, August 8, 2010

the values speech, an-/pro- tagonists - TSAR

Brett wants to know all about values. mostly, I think, how people manage to maintain theirs.

"Doesn't anything ever happen to your values?"
"No. Not any more."
"Never fall in love?"
"Always, I'm always in love."
"What does that do to your values?"
"That, too, has got a place in my values."
"You haven't got any values. You're dead, that's all."
"No, my dear. You're not right. I'm not dead at all."
p. 67, 8

how true is this? everything, when properly monitored has place in life. being in love is not an inherent threat, but being recklessly amorous can be. eating icecream is not inherently unhealthy, but eating a pint every day can be.

I'm starting to nail down my people now.
I'm seeing Jake as the protagonist and Brett as an antagonist, but I'm not sure if she's the only one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment