Sunday, August 8, 2010

character and characterization - TSAR

I'm feeling a little wholesome characterization time. yay!

since this:
"Should we answer it?"
"We might as well, there's no need for us to be snooty." (p. 133)


is the closest we get to direct characterization, I'd say that everything's going by indirect characterization. it hasn't been stated explicitly how a person is, so they're being characterized by their actions, what they say, and by describing them in other ways that aren't character traits.

so far, I'm feeling that Jake's sort of a static character. I'm not seeing him change much. he's basically always the level-headed mediator.
I can't really classify the others because they're not always there like Jake is.
Brett could be round or dynamic, but I'm not sure which. I'm not sure if she's really going to change that much, but she never seems to be the same. at the same time, I'm not positive if she's got multiple dimensions, but she seems pretty real, as in, I can relate to her in some way. not in the (lack of) morals sense, but it's not hard to picture her as a real person.

1 comment: