Sunday, August 8, 2010

the lovely Lady Ashley - TSAR

I had already met Brett when I finished the last post, but figured it would be better to address her in this one. first, who the heck is she? she shows up while Jake is having a drink with Georgette, but we don't really ever find out their relation. it appears to be somewhat romantic, but not exactly. second, I find her to be very contradictory. she says that she finds being in love to be "hell on earth" (p. 35), yet she's engaged. she won't let Jake kiss her when they're in the car because she "can't stand it" because she "turns to jelly" (p. 34), but when she leaves him for the night she kisses him. she seeks Jake out again, despite her having a fiancé, but brings another man with her too.
I'm not seeing her as someone with real high moral standards right now, but I can't quite figure her out beyond that. she definitely can't seem to be tied down to one man. let alone be "in love" with only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment