Sunday, August 8, 2010

chapter five and all I can think about is Harry Potter - TSAR

with names like Krum and Woolsey, I can't help it! I mean, Krum IS a HP character and Woolsey is dangerously close to Weasley (especially when you read it quickly). so this blog is going to be a little scattered. I'm pretty sure these names have no real role in the story though. ha.

Cohn comes into the picture again. and he asks Jake questions about Brett, but they're not the kind of questions one asks just to be curious. it's almost as if he knows something more about her than Jake does and he wants to see what Jake knows about her. Cohn kinda flips when Jake suggests that she's a little bit of a floozy, which makes this idea more apparent to me. (secret looooooovers?!)

Jake thinks that she's married before (oh, yeah, she's already married and waiting for a divorce to marry Michael. not lookin' so good moral-wise, Miss) without love and is about to do it again. does he love her? I'm not sure, still.

here's how the last part of it goes down:

"I don't believe she would marry anybody she didn't love."
"Well, she's done it twice."
"I don't believe it."
"Well, don't ask me a lot of fool questions if you don't like the answers."
"I didn't ask you that."
"You asked me what I knew about Brett Ashley."
"I didn't ask you to insult her."
"Oh, go to hell."
... "You've got to take that back."
p. 47

Cohn and Jake are good friends, I suppose, but Jake doesn't seem to be so keen on this. why not?

1 comment: